Six sub-topics will be conferred at the panel sessions during the conference. The committee is currently putting up a request for academic papers or articles based on the topics as listed below:
- Globalization and the reality between respecting tradition and living in, also contributing to the modern world – In the Context of Islam in Europe; Muslim integration, Citizenship, and Human Right
- The relevance of ‘Islam Nusantara’ in the Manifestation of Al-wasaṭiyya
- The Identification of Al-wasaṭiyya – In the implementation of curbing and combating Radicalism
- Al-wasaṭiyya – In the Context of Ethical Behaviour and related issues within the financial sector and economies (Sharia Banking)
- Al-wasaṭiyya – In the Context of Science and Technology, Halal-Toyyib (fair) food, and Environmental Exploitation
- Al-wasaṭiyya – In the Context of Promoting Moderation and Understanding on Women's Role and Status
The submitted papers will be peer reviewed. The author of the selected work will be invited to present it at the conference.